The Hybird H3 Pro is a tail switch penlight, with quick-action and easy one-hand operation.
The H3 Pro comes with a built-in 330mAh lipo battery that can be charged via the USB-C charging port, and it is also compatible with an AA battery (1.5V Alkaline battery or rechargeable 1.2V NiMH battery) or rechargeable 14500 li-ion battery. After inserting the AA or 14500 external battery, it will be used by default once turned on.
You can switch between using either the built-in battery or external battery as you prefer. A battery indicator shows which battery you are using - green: external battery and blue: built-in battery.
The H3 Pro has a dual-switch operating system, a side clicky e-switch, and a tail tactical dedicated switch. The side switch is for daily use of illumination to change modes from moonlight to high mode, and the tail tactical switch is for one-touch quick access to turbo/strobe.
It weighs 45g/1.59oz and has a slim size that is 154.5mm/6.08" in length and 17.8mm/0.7" in diameter.
- Crafted from aerospace 7075 aluminum alloy with hard anodization
- Uses CREE XP-L HI LED, max output of 600 lumens
- CNC machined aluminum smooth reflector, max beam distance of 120m
- Hybrid battery power supply with built-in 330mAh Li-po battery and replaceable AA/14500 battery (not included)
- Dual switch balances between daily use and emergency use (tactical use)
- Instant mode memory (side switch) and one-touch quick access to turbo/strobe mode (tail switch)
- Detachable deep carry stainless steel pocket clip included
- IPX7 water resistance
Includes: User manual, Warranty card, Charging cable, Pocket clip.
Dimensions: 154.5mm (L) x 17.8mm (Dia.) Weight: 45g (pocket click included)
Material: aluminium alloy Optic: TIR lens
Output: Moonlight (0.5 lumen), Low (15 lumens), Medium (60 lumens), High (220 lumens)
Runtime: Moonlight (60 hours), Low (15 hours), Medium (5 hours), High (1 hour)
*The runtime is tested with the constant brightness at each model with no stepdown other than drop-down with battery drains.
Power supply switch
- The external battery (Alkaline or Ni-MH AA battery or 14500 Li-ion battery) will be used by default once it is installed.
- By holding the side switch for 3 seconds (the light is off), the power can be switched between the internal battery and external battery
- It will switch automatically if the battery is low (Li-po / 14500 is lower than 2.8V or AA battery is lower than 0.8V).
- It will fail to switch the power supply in the following cases
- a) The board has issues ie short circuit, ;
- b) Both batteries are low voltage.
Side switch (Daily Use)
- Turn on: rapid double-click
- Change mode: when it’s turned on, click to cycle through moonlight-low-med-high
- Turn off: Press and hold for 0.3 seconds
- Memory: It will go back to the last-used mode when turned on next.
Tail switch (Tactical dedicated)
- Momentary on:
- Half press to switch between Strobe - High, release to turn off or Full press to select the mode for constant on
- Memory: to set the default mode of the first half press/full press, just leave the mode working for over 3 seconds.
- Turn off: Full press
Thanks to Aztac for this review of the H3 Pro!