- Smooth Opening: IKBS™ ball bearing pivot deploys the blade smooth
- Easy To Sharpen: High carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge well
- Easy opening: Thumb slot for easy one hand opening
- Tough and Durable: G10 with stainless steel handle combines durability and strength
- Brute Strength: Frame lock utilizes a thick lock bar to secure the blade
- Low Profile: Pocket clip provides secure carry
Jesper Voxnaes designed the original Pilar® in his Logstrup, Denmark shop, and named it after Ernest Hemingway’s beloved boat—the 38-foot long vessel that he used for renegade surveillance of German U-boats during WWII in Caribbean waters. The world-famous author was also a WWI combat vet, big-game hunter, sailor, and fisherman, and certainly would have selected an everyday knife companion like the Pilar® III for his daily endeavors.
The substantial 2.9” spear point blade of the Pilar® III features a satin finish and the fine but strong tip is useful for more detailed tasks. The highly grippy G10 handle thrives throughout years of use and the eye-catching, stainless steel lanyard loop elevates the look. A thumb slot opening mechanism deploys the blade and the IKBS™ ball bearing pivot system makes for a super smooth rotation.
The modern Hemingway is the ultimate Renaissance man, and the Pilar® III is the knife that will stand up to the challenge.
A fantastic budget EDC Folder with a heap of character and solid build quality.
You can view the original Pilar knife Here
|Closed Length (Handle)||108.1mm|
|Clip||RH Tip up|
|Handle Material||Stainless Steel | G10 show side|