After over a year of research and testing, KPL has completed its lubricant line-up with an ultralight lubricant designed specifically for pocketknives.
KPL Ultra-Lite is a 5 WT, fully-synthetic oil made for use in knives anywhere minimum fluid resistance is critical:
- Knives with Bearing Pivots
- Out-The-Front Knives
- Automatics (Switchblades)
- Traditional Folders
- Lightweight and deploying blades
- Viscosity - 5WT (Ultra-Light)
- Volume - 10mL
- Color: Non-Staining Crimson
- Needle: Length 14mm, Aperture 0.70mm
- Compatibility - all steels and metals, ball bearings, bronze washers, teflon washers, IKBS, MRBS, nylon (nylatron), G10, micarta, titanium
- Includes KPL Contaminant
- Washout Resistance - Good
- Temperature Rating - -4.4 degrees celsius to 204 degrees celsius
- Volatility: No
- Flammability - No below 204 degrees celsius
- Ultra-Flow light molecular weight base with minimal fluid viscosity for high speed deployment.
- High Pressure Film Stabilizers to prevent metal-on-metal contact under high loading stresses.
- Contaminant Encapsulation technology to keep dirt and grit in suspension so they can’t wear away at knife parts.
- Corrosion Inhibitors to keep rust and oxidation at bay
- Non-Evaporating, non-oxidizing formula won’t dry up, dry out, or gum up inside knives.
- Non-toxic formula
Whilst this version of KPL was intended for OTF knives it still serves a purpose for us Aussies.
Sometimes you just want a thinner oil to reach further in without having to disassemble your gear.
This is that oil.
As always you will receive elite customer service from Mitch at Adventure Carry!
Thank you Michael for your review! Your KPL family is complete. Good tip on using the Ultra Lite for maintenance without disassembly!