The EDC18 is a small yet ultra high-intensity EDC flashlight. It inherits the firmware of the model FW3A and emits a max 2800 lumens output with a single 18650 battery. The side switch easily controls all functions of the flashlight. The magnetic tail cap and the reverse stainless steel pocket clip makes it easy to carry and capable of hands free use. Multifunctional, durable and IP68 rated protection, EDC18 is a must-have for outdoors, EDC, work and adventure. Set includes a Samsung 18650 Battery.
The EDC18 is only currently available in the CREE XPL CW (cool white) variant.
- Emitter: 3 Cree XP-L H
- Optic: Standard TIR optical lens
- Flux: ~2800 lm (XP-L Hi)
- Intensity: ~10 000cd ANSI throw ~200 m (XP-L Hi)
- Firmware: Andúril
- User interfaces:  Defaulted SMOOTH RAMPING. Instant access to TURBO mode is also provided.  STEPPED RAMPING UI.  MOMENTARY mode.  MUGGLE mode.  Electronic LOCKOUT.
- Other functions: Battery check, sunset, beacon, tactical strobe, party strobe, bike flasher, candlelight, lightning storm
- Battery: One 18650 cell. An unprotected cell is recommended. Max. length 66mm. The correct cell is provided in this set.
- Driver: FET+7+1 driver. Low parasitic drain while OFF
- Body: Aluminum with hard-coat anodizing
- Switch: Electronic side switch with a back-up light
- Ingress rating: Equivalent to IPX8
- Weight: Approximately 76.5 g without cells
- Size: 27.8 mm Ø head x 93.9 mm length
- Others: Magnetic tail cap, reverse stainless steel body clip
Includes EDC18, 2 spare O rings, user manual, Battery note, Samsung 18650 battery, glow in the dark diffuser, glow in the dark lens accessory (GITD Gasket).
|Diameter||27.8mm Ø at head|
|Weight||76.5g plus battery|
|Max Output||2800 Lumens|
I bought this to replace a little AAA led lenser job i had, that just didn't pass the mustard anymore.
i've been carrying it for over a month now, and it gets plenty of use. slightly too big for dress pants, but fits in jeans\work\camp pants no worries. i love that the clip is removable but i've never had it pop off when i didn't want it to.
took it on a bikepacking trip recently, had plenty of battery left after 3 nights away. i thought i lost it on the second, it had fallen off a bunch of stuff i was carrying. however, the little glow in the dark condom\diffuser that comes with it was luckily easy to spot in the darkness!
the diffuser is excellent, and perfect for camping. i string it up in my hammock when i'm settling in and the glow is enough to get myself sorted.
Pros: good battery life, bright AF, comes with glow gasket, clip and glow diffuser
cons: 18650 battery means a little fat in the pocket
Thanks for the great review Chris. I’m glad you’re happy with your new kit.
All the best